Duplicate contacts on iPhone with mobileme

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macman756, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

Hey,

I have about 100 contacts on my mac address book, great, then I synced with mobileme, and now my iPhone has a duplicate of every single contact, so it's taking every contact from Mobileme, and every one from my address book. I have turned mobileme contacts on and off, turned contact synching on and off in iTunes, and restored the phone. Any ideas?

2. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

That just happened to me too!
    But then I looked at the top left of my iPhone where it says "Groups" and it created a couple new list of Groups. One is all contacts where it duped everything and then Mobile Me group where is just shows the contacts synced with mobile me.
    Did you click on groups to see what that does for ya?

3. austen0316 macrumors newbie

same problem here, and when you hit replace when you sync in itunes it doesn't replace, just keeps the doubles there

4. xmnj macrumors member

I had the same problem. On the first sync, you need to disable the sync with mail, calendar, and contacts, then setup mobile me on your iPhone. A way to fix the issue is to create a empty group and set iTunes to sync only the empty group, sync then disable iTunes syncing.

5. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I noticed that also when updating my 3G to v3.0. I just re-sync'd with iTunes and it took all them out.