Duplicate Group iMessage Threads with Same Recipients

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AndrewMRiv, Sep 25, 2014.

1. AndrewMRiv macrumors regular

AndrewMRiv

Hello, everyone. I have searched around on the forum and found someone with a similar issue but it was only involved with group texts with non-iOS users.

In my case, I have a group iMessage with three other friends (so four of us total are in it). All of us are on iPhones. Two of us are on iOS 8, one is on iOS 7, and on has a jailbroken version of (I think) iOS 6.

I think that it may have started when I tried to leave the conversation. It didn't work and when one person sent another message, I was immediately included again. It has now split into three separate threads and they all contain the same people.

I have a MacBook Pro Retina with Yosemite on it as well as an iMac with Mavericks on it.

On my MacBook with Yosemite, I see all of the separate threads while on the iMac it is all still in the same group message.

Is there any way that I can solves this on my iOS 8 device at least? I can't expect a fix for my MacBook with Yosemite since it is still in beta but I hope that my iPhone can have them merged because it is getting to be a bit confusing in conversations.

Thank you!

2. cynics macrumors G4

Leaving the conversation in combination with Mavericks not letting you leave isn't helping. Or are the non iOS 8 devices.