Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spooned12000rpm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
York, UK
I noticed tonight that I was receiving more junk mail that normal in the mail app and saw that there were two junk folders now shown. The normal 'Junk' folder with the icon and a regular folder called 'Junk Email'.

I've an old Hotmail account and it has finally transitioned over to 'Outlook' on the web interface.

It seems iOS isn't mapping 'Junk' to the newly named 'Junk Email' which I can't seem to change.

What's odd is Mail on my MacBook Pro seems to map ok just not the iPhone or iPad. In fact as soon as I opened Mail on the Macbook I got an email from Hotmail saying I had two folders with the same name and i had to delete the 'Junk' folder via the website. (If I use 'Move to Junk' within the mail app on the phone, the 'Junk' folder is recreated).

I've deleted the account from the phone and re-set it up again as both Outlook and Exchange and I had duplicate folders both times.

I've searched online and can't find anyone else with this issue, yet I'm sure I'm not alone.

There's also another folder showing on the phone called 'Outbox' which is not even shown on the Macbook or via the web interface.

I suspect this is an issue with Microsoft tinkering with things at their end but any help or reassurance would be great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.