Duplicate "Name" in Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Martin-UK, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Martin-UK macrumors newbie

Hi guys and girls,

Been having an issue with Mail for a while now and thought i'd see if you could help me at all as I'm a little stuck...

A while ago I changed the 'Full Name' on my POP3 account settings from my business name to my actual name. Since then, whenever I compose a new email I for some reason get two 'from names' to choose from; one of them being the old name I used and the other being the name I changed it to. Unfortunately, it defaults to the old name so i have to remember to change it everytime, which doesn't always happen!

Both these names in the 'from' field have the same account attached to them, yet I only have one account with one name. The odd thing is I don't get the option of the old name when I'm replying to an email, only when I'm composing a new one!

Does anyone know what could be causing this? And do you know of a way to fix it?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Martin

MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    Mail 3.5 (930.3)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Go to the Window Menu and "Previous Recipients"- you can delete old entries there.

3. Martin-UK thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply mate. However, thats only people i've sent emails to. The problem i'm having is with the 'from' field; ie. Which of my accounts the email is being sent from.

Any ideas?