Duplicate results with Siri

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by daijholt, Jul 15, 2014.

1. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

I've noticed this for quite some time now, but if I say to Siri like "show me ratings for Skyfall" Siri will always say "which one?" Then show 2 results for the same movie. The picture below shows what I mean.

This has always been in iOS 7, and I haven't had a chance to test it in iOS 8 yet, so it could well have been fixed already, but I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue?

Attached Files:

2. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I don't use the Betas so I cant say but you might want to turn off SIRI and then turn it back on after a reboot and see if that resolves the issue. IOS 8 did not really have anything to do with SIRI from what I have read about the release.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

What have you been reading?
    Siri got some improvements. I don't know if it fixed that exact bug but when charging you can now say hey Siri to pull up Siri and she can identify songs by listening to them

4. daijholt thread starter macrumors 65816

daijholt

This problem has persisted since the iOS 7 betas, since which I've done a dozen clean installs, so I can only assume it's something to do with the the results database.

The only other thing I can think of is that having my phone region set to Great Britain but Siri set to United States is somehow drawing European and international results simultaneously.

5. chirop macrumors member

Actually I got the same bug when I asked for the ratings of skyfall or other things show double the name.
    Must be some bug in ios I guess.

6. daijholt thread starter macrumors 65816

daijholt

Turns out when I asked the same using English UK or English Australia it only shows one result. Must be a bug with the American Siri, or maybe it's due to some kind of dual release for different parts of the USA?

7. cynics macrumors G4

Siri is an interesting beast. Here are my results, I'm currently in the states with a US iPhone (Verizon).

[​IMG]

My least favorite of the current 3 btw.

8. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

Are you saying so I have it clear that if you have your phone being charged you can simply say "Hey SIRI" w/o holding the home button and if you are playing a song it will identify it or do you have to ask? Can you just carify it for me.

BTW all I was trying to do is answer a question, Is everyone here testy when it comes to asking something and the way you all answer back? Just curious, I am trying to help with the knowledge I have with IOS devices. Thank you.

9. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Siri will automatically find the song w/ shazam, no need to ask for it. In fact, a little icon will start spinning as soon as you open Siri and have music playing. Other than that, it gained more language support and allows you to control home kit as well as search for apps in the app store or iTunes store. Speech recognition is also live so as you talk you can see it deciphering your words and results in seemingly quicker responses. A few other minor changes as well.

10. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

Thank you very much for you through explanation on how this works. I DO know a good deal on IOS devices as many of you and I don'r know everything. I appreciate you going out of you way to go over this for my benefit. I wish to be a part of this forum and the more I see and learn how many of the members are here and you get to know me, I just need to be given the chance for people here to know me. Again thank you.

11. daijholt thread starter macrumors 65816

daijholt

It perplexes me. Even though it's only a minor bug it still annoys me when it happens, because I'm welsh the American Siri seems to be the only one that understands me properly haha. The English one keeps thinking I'm saying Skyful 9 times out of 10.

12. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a