Duplicate songs in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sam10685, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Is there a program the searches itunes for songs with the same name so I can go through and find the ones that are indeed duplicate songs?

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Use View > Show Duplicates. Then use different categories in View > View Options... so you can more easily weed out actual duplicates.

3. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

Ah. *feels like idiot.*

4. geoffy macrumors regular

This is such a great feature for finding songs that come off of different ripped CDs like when you add a greatest hits CD and a regular album by the same artist.

5. dukebbfan macrumors newbie

duplicate songs in itunes

had to reload from ipod; now have all songs duplicated on my hard drive; how do i get rid of the extras without deleting one at a time???

6. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

maybe sort your iTunes library by "date added" and delete those not re-imported today.

7. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

there is a website that is dedicated to iTunes scripts. I really can't remember the name of it but i have the script you need. Also Google and see if you can find the site.

8. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I use this feature, but it does find some false positives.

What I'd like though is to have two albums that have the same song in them store that song only once. And then let me play the albums in order.

As it is, I have some duplicates just so I can play the albums correctly. I even have one song which I copied the AAC version from a CD to my cassette album. It was a bit difficult, as there was data in the song that needed to be reset. (Copy it with a different name - add the track number - and then change the album from within iTunes).