Duplicate Songs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tawmu, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Tawmu macrumors newbie

Hello,

While transfering songs from my computer to my iPod through iTunes, it is copying it more than once.

For example, I just put "Demon Days - Gorillaz" on my iPod and every song from the album has been copied onto it twice.

I manage my music manually so I cant do "remove duplicates". Its done it on all firmwares from 1.1.4 to 2.1 for me.

Im using iTunes 8 PC and FW 2.1 at the moment.

Help would be appreciated! :)

Tom

2. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

Under the File menu, choose "Show Duplicates". That should do it for you.

3. Tawmu thread starter macrumors newbie

4. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

You need to have "Music" selected in the left hand sidebar.

5. Tawmu thread starter macrumors newbie

I select Music under my iPod and its still greyed out :p

6. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

No... You select "Music" in your Library, not on the ipod. Don't forget you're taking songs out of iTunes on your computer and then syncing the changes to your iPod.

7. Tawmu thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not doing that, I have far too much music in my iTunes library that I don't want on my iPod, so I have always had my iPod on "manually manage my music". I have always dragged the album folders from My Music in explorer over to my iPod in iTunes, I guess this is where I may be going wrong, but why would Apple let you do that if it just messes the copying process up?

EDIT: Its fine dragging straight from my iTunes library to my iPod, oh well, I guess that'll have to do for now.

But still, its wierd, because it only does it on albums like Now 70 and Demon Days.

8. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

In that case, delete the album with dupes off your iPod, sort out the songs in your iTunes library, and then put it back on your iPod.