Duplicated Albums and/or songs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by viriatus, Oct 19, 2009.

1. viriatus macrumors newbie

Hey there! I don't know this is a bug or something but I have some albums duplicated on my iPod Touch (at iTunes everything is fine). Another issue I notice is when I have an album with the same name but from a different artist, e.g. an album called "Greatest Hits", the songs are repeated on the different albums.
    I've already tried to use the option "Disc number 1 of 1" but it didn't work.

If you can help me, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

2. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Try going into each one of them and making sure the names are the same, without a space at the end or something. It happens to me too, but I just manually make them the same.

3. viriatus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer. i've already confirmed it. The names are the same because I normally select all the items and with command+i and change all the details at once. And that's strange because when I browse my music contents at iTunes, the album just appears once but on the iPod the item is repeated one or two times.

The only way I can remember to solve the other issue is to change the album name e.g. "Greatest Hits1, Greatest Hits2". It's stupid but I can't figure out another way.