Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I have two locations for the Apple Loops folder:

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Apple Loops/Apple Loops for GarageBand

The contents are largely identical although the one from the Application Support path has 92 less items than the one from the Audio path. Why the two duplicate folders? Is this from when I transferred files from my old system? Can I trash one? Which one?

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
ifjake said:
I have two locations for the Apple Loops folder:

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Apple Loops/Apple Loops for GarageBand

The contents are largely identical although the one from the Application Support path has 92 less items than the one from the Audio path. Why the two duplicate folders? Is this from when I transferred files from my old system? Can I trash one? Which one?

one should be in the hard drive directory, and one should be in your user directory. I believe the one in the user directory is for loops you created, and the other is for GB pre-set loops.

my opinion is that you'd be better off leaving them alone, though if you're set on it, don't ditch the folders...maybe pick one folder and ditch the contents (after making a copy of those contents first) and then run GB and see what happens. If it works the same as always, then I guess there'd be no problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.