Duplicated contacts help please!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by themint, Nov 15, 2010.

1. themint macrumors newbie

I have got loads of duplicated contacts on my iphone 4, Imac, Macbook and Ipad :(
    How can I edit/delete them without deleting each individual duplicated contact?
    Help please.........
    Dan Rose
    Leeds UK

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

There's an option in itunes to replace the contacts in your iphone with the ones from your computer. Choose that.

3. gnychis macrumors 6502

you could link them to google contacts and use their duplicate detection and then push them back to your phone

4. ChrisSmith macrumors newbie

ChrisSmith

duplicate contact

First of all, hi!.,.how are you?.,.

I've been on the same boat in the past.,.all my gmail contacts were duplicated when I have it synced and deleting all those duplicated contacts is really tiresome. A total headache as I have hundreds even thousand of contacts duplicated.,.you can imagine how frustrating it was. :confused:

But deleting those duplicate contacts in Gmail will eliminate conflicts and eliminate the frustration of searching for the right contact knowing you will get the name you are looking for. So I have no CHOICE!! :eek:

But the thing is I am a busy person.,that I have no time to have it done. So, what I did is browse the net, keeping my fingers cross that i would somehow stumble upon some useful tips on how to clean up my address book. I'm glad I did took the time. =)

I found a useful tool called Scrubly Duplicate remover. The process is simple; it scans your Gmail contact folders and look for duplicate contacts. If Scrubly finds any exact or Compatible Contacts, it will remove or merge them automatically. They even have a back up so I can have the original copy just in case.

I hope this information had helped you =).I can give you the link to the site if you want to have more information as I guess they have other features.,. .,.

:)

Thanks and have a nice day.

5. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

Not to be rude, but "I found a useful tool," and "I am an employee of the company" are two entirely different things. If you're going to pimp your products in the forums, please be up front and honest about it.

Also found the other thread you started that begins with "I can't think of something to post now... just come up with this one..." It's a full blown step-by-step instruction manual about the application, repeated word-for-word from your blog page on the Scrubly website. Not cool.

C'mon...seriously. Up front and honest are the rules of the road in here.