Duplicated iTunesU downloads this weekend.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PinkyMacGodess, Mar 28, 2010.

1. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Ok, I've been downloading some of the iTunesU content over this weekend and I check the iTunes list and see duplicates of two of the downloaded content. One is the Stanford iPhone Development for Winter 2010 and the other is the EMU Religions lectures.

I thought that duplicates weren't possible through iTunes. So I've been downloading two copies of those two 'classes' all of this time? It's taken nearly 24-hours!

Has iTunes been updated this weekend and is that why this has happened?

The icon for the Stanford lecture one is different between the two versions but the specs are evidently the same otherwise.

Has anyone else noted duplicates in their iTunesU content?

This is the first time that I've ever seen this issue... Now I'm wondering how I should fix it... Which duplicate is the 'real' content...

Is this part of the lead up to the iPad release? It makes me wonder...

OR: Is there a reason for the extra downloads? Is there a button I pushed to get more than one version/type of content? Hmm...

EDIT: I have four directories for the iPhone Applications Development class in the iTunesU folder. One directory only has 2 slides in it, so far. Interesting and a waste of space...

2. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Weird, everything that I downloaded yesterday, and Friday, was duplicated today and some of the physical names were changed for the files and duplicate entries were put into the iTunesU list.

It's as if someone changed the names of the downloaded files at the source and my iTunes obediently downloaded the 'new' files thus duplicating the files on my computer. Although, why there were four separate directories from the Stanford iPhone Development lessons is beyond me...

This is very bizarre to my knowledge of the operations of iTunes. Perhaps this is part of some update for the iPad... Hmm...