Duplicated Keychain

Discussion in 'macOS' started by samh004, Dec 29, 2007.

1. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I did search first, google and the forum, but couldn't find anything.

I'm having a problem that started with Leopard. It's not a problem that affects anything on my computer, but looks weird and I'm not sure what's up with it, and why it cannot be fixed.

I get a duplicated Login Keychain in Keychain Access. If I try delete it I get 2 options, Delete References & Files, or just References. In my keychain folder I only have one login keychain, so if I delete the files too, the whole thing disappears, but if I just delete the reference, I'm fine, until I reboot again and it's duplicated again.

I've read about this happening to users before Leopard, but no explanations or working fixes were found. I know it's Christmas, but can someone help me out. It's aesthetically unpleasant and I don't like it.

I'm running 10.5.1 on a C2D MB. I have dotMac but have keychain syncing turned off.

Attached Files:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

delete the references and file of the login keychain which isnt your default. if it deletes your default login keychain too use time machine to restore it. also try deleting the keychain access plist file in the preferences folder.