Duplicates under "Text message forwarding". How to remove?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thedeejay, Dec 1, 2014.

1. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Hi all,

Needed some help. I have duplicates of my iPad and MacBook Pro under Text Message forwarding and can't seem to get rid of it. A Google search comes up empty handed. I'm surprised there isn't an easier way for this. Hasn't Apple thought this far ahead? Damn, the OCD in me is starting to hate it.

[​IMG]

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

2. coldwaves macrumors regular

I just posted a thread asking exactly the same question. I have my Macbook's name listed ten times under message forwarding and today it reduces to 5 times. I contacted Apple support one time and they say everything looks fine under my Apple account.

3. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Oh wow you're right. You literally posted it probably while I was typing up my thread. i hope it's resolved. I find it really silly that there's no simple solution such as pressing (X) to remove a duplicate or something of that sort. Did you send them an screen shot of your screen?

4. coldwaves macrumors regular

I just got it resolved! Change your Apple ID password will remove all the ghost device under message forwarding. I just changed my password and it does remove all the duplicates.

5. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Awesome, will give that a go and report back. Thanks:D