Duplication of Exchange contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acousticbiker, Aug 20, 2008.

1. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the 2.0.2 update, but at some point since then (not sure if it was right afterwards) I notice that all of my contacts are duplicated. Anyone else have this problem? Any easy fix besides deleting each duplicate?

2. Bambeezer macrumors regular

Is it just on your phone? I assume you aren't seeing it in the desktop or web client. If the iphone is the only duplicate, I'd try stopping the contact sync and turning it on again to resync.

3. acousticbiker thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. The duplication made it to the desktop and web. I've manually deleted the duplicates...hopefully that fixes it.

4. trixnrice macrumors member

i had the same issue when updating to 2.0.2
    what i did...
    i did a complete restore of my iphone, and restored from the most recent back up, with 2.0.2 still intact. that took care of the problem.

5. acousticbiker thread starter macrumors 6502

Manually deleting worked for the contacts. But for events (which were only duplicated via web access), deleting the duplicates on the web resulted in not having those events at all in Entourage or on my iPhone. Is there anyway to get calendar events that appear through web access to be 'pushed' out to Entourage and iPhone?