Durability for travel use

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Samtb, May 24, 2015.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

Is the rmbp 13 durable? Does it sustain significant cosmetic damage if used on the go?

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

Very. but it will take as much damage as another laptop if you bang it around. I've had my 17in for 4 years and its still looking very good.

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I took my 2010 mbp back and forth to grad school every day for 3 years and it still looks good.

4. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I have a 15" retina, and it's very portable brought it everywhere, 13" should be super light and thin

5. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I traveled with my 15 inch retina literally halfway around the world and often carried it in a backpack with tons of other stuff. It's the 2012 model and 3 years later it looks pretty much brand new to the naked eye. If you look super close maybe you see a few minor imperfections but 99% new condition.

Aluminum is just so much better than plastic for holding up over time. Plastic often can't be cleaned all the way but aluminum can.

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

They're fine I've carried my work issued MBP since 2009 and while it doesn't look new it's not bad either.

7. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I travel internationally for work purpose and all my Mac`s have been fine, you just need a decent sleeve and computer bag.

Q-6

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Both the 13" and 15" models are very durable. I've never had a problem. I don't travel as much as I used too, but my laptops hold up very well.

9. newellj macrumors 601

Put a good skin on it and put it in a sleeve before you toss it in a backpack if you're concerned about cosmetic damage.