Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
I'm about to get a new Macbook Pro. Was wondering about the durability of the USB-C port after heavy usage for the power plug. I will surely miss the Macsafe. Anybody here misses theirs?

thats all folks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2013
Austin (supposedly in Texas)
clumsy me can't even conceive of not having MagSafe. hopefully the new port is up to the task, we will find out in a couple years. I'm probably going to just skip the whole mess and get a 2015 Air to replace my 2012.

It pains me to type it, but as it is probably inevitable, "you're plugging it wrong"

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I like how the cable isn't hardwired to the brick, making it expensive to replace when it eventually fails. They can make a MagSafe cable that breaks near the USB-C end leaving it still inside the port.

evec

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2016
USB-C designed for durable, the standard with at least 10,000 time insert cycles , in additional testing for accident force apply,
thanks the oval shape and reversible make it not possible to damage the plug and house by mistake (Micro-B is easy damaged by wrong direction insert).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.