During initial Configuration of laptop. Which Internet link choice should I select?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlackBoxA42, Apr 26, 2018.

1. BlackBoxA42 macrumors newbie

Subject: During the initial configuration of laptop. (Opening my laptop for the first time)
    Which Internet link choice should I select?
    This is the second of eighteen questions relating to an Apple Mac-Book Pro 13 (Version 2017) laptop.
    I am a first time user of Apple products and the Macintosh "High Sierra" Operating System.
    Background: During the initial configuration of my laptop. (Opening it up for the first time)
    I will have the laptop hooked up (Via a Tripp Lite adapter and a Belkin JD45 cable) to an ARRIS
    (Formerly Motorola) Surfboard cable modem Wi-Fi Router AC 1600 Model SBG 6700 AC.

Note: I prefer "Wired Internet Service".

Question: During the configuration process, once I reach the Internet link selection listing,
    (Based on my preference), which choice do you recommend I select?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

You don’t need to do anything for the wired connection just plug it in. For the WiFi just choose your network and enter the password done. This will be saved as will any other networks you join and you can use them whenever you need them.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You're over-thinking the process again. The setup process needs access to the internet, its asking how should it do that. If you plugged an ethernet cable into the laptop, then the choice is easy. If you use wireless then select the SSD to your wireless from the drop down box.

Its not what we recommend, its what you need to access the internet.