During pre-order via att store, what info is needed for creditcheck/etc?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmeray, Jun 10, 2009.

1. jmeray macrumors member

jmeray

I've heard that when you pre-order the phone, you go thru some creditcheck or whatever. I'm sending my wife to the store, and wanted to know if you guys had a handle on what specific information they will be requesting so she knows everything before she heads in.

2. dagomike macrumors 65816

If you're a new customer they will do a credit check. For my upgrade, they just wanted ID and a credit card.

3. jmeray thread starter macrumors member

jmeray

Yep i am a new customer, so looking to gather any info we need, ahead of time.

4. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

The guy didn't even check my ID or ask for the last 4 of my social.

I just told him who I was, swiped my card and left. I have never even been inside that store.

I am an exisiting customer.

5. racers macrumors regular

6. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

They did a credit check on me,

My parents have always ordered in the past, but now I have my own CC, apparently it was ok.... because they let me buy it.

We have had AT&T cell for over 11 years now, so they might base it off of that.

OH: and they checked my ID and made me take it out of my wallet so they could see the whole thing.... no other store has ever done that.

7. SimpsonsFan007 macrumors member

Yeah, they need a photo ID and your social security number to run the credit check. Painless process!

8. jmeray thread starter macrumors member

jmeray

tks everyone. I was hoping it would be something like ccard & ID for even new customers. That whole - we need your work name, #, your salary yearly, your wife's work name, number, salary, your sons soccer team name, your daughters BFF's age, etc is a pain, cuz you get there and you dont readily have the info you need.

9. LittleRedBird macrumors member

I'm a new customer and all they did was swipe my credit card for the price of the phone (+ tax). Didn't even ask for my ID.