During turn-by-turn, podcasts should pause

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
It seems pretty obvious, but shouldn't media of type podcast or audiobook pause instead of mute when turn-by-turn directions are spoken? I'd even settle for any and all audio to be paused rather than muted.

Or, is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing. That'd be even more awesome.

Regards,
Tom

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
This has been an on-going issue for awhile and I would love such a solution. As it stands, I pair my phone with the car via Bluetooth and use the car's rewind button to rewind 20 seconds.

appswipe

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2012
hey should offer some controls for turn by turn also (like volume). Some podcasts are terrible with volume so to have two voices speaking over each other at different levels is obnoxious.

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
It seems pretty obvious, but shouldn't media of type podcast or audiobook pause instead of mute when turn-by-turn directions are spoken? I'd even settle for any and all audio to be paused rather than muted.

Or, is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing. That'd be even more awesome.

Regards,
Tom
Yeah, Navigon once had it, was gone with the introduction of multitasking. Hope maps will do this one day.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
hey should offer some controls for turn by turn also (like volume). Some podcasts are terrible with volume so to have two voices speaking over each other at different levels is obnoxious.
There are at least coarse settings for turn-by-turn volume (off, low, med, hi). They can be found in the Settings>Maps -- that was a pleasant surprise to find that.

Regards,
Tom

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
:confused:

Navigon still has it. I use the podcast mode constantly, it's a great option.
Maybe it just doesn't work with the audible app. If that's the problem I will return to transferring audiobooks using iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.