Dust behind my 3GS will apple sort it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 21stcenturykid, May 12, 2010.

1. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering if it's likely that apple will happily get the dust out from behind my screen on my iphone?
    It's recently started collecting quite a lot just from being in my pocket and now the suns starting to come out it's making it a lot more obvious to me and harder to see the screen.

Cheers.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I had my 3G replaced three times for this reason, my 1G iPod touch once, and my 3GS once. Never had a problem ...

3. jthomp macrumors regular

Made appointment about 2 weeks ago for the exact same thing and took mine to the Genius bar. He agreed there was "more" dust than normal. A speck or two, I don't think they'll concern themselves with. Mine also had cracks around the dock connector. The only thing I can say is take it in, and see what happens... If your under warranty, you should be good. If you're out of warranty, you can always pay the 199 fee for a replacement.

4. Infinitygraphix macrumors member

Pushing my luck.. I have a 3G, out of warranty (no Applecare). The phone is 20 months old and have a lot of dust in the middle of the screen., really visible in full sunlight, with or without screen on.... would Apple do anything ?

5. jthomp macrumors regular

:D
    Doubt it.. You might be able to buy a screen online and replace it yourself. Otherwise, hold out for the "new" phone... :D

6. 21stcenturykid thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool well i'll take it down to the store tomorrow and see what they can do.

7. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

I had a early 3GS that i brought into apple today for dust under the screen, there was a considerable amount of it...

he looked at it and said they would replace the screen...
    i then pointed out the cracks in the housing too... and they replaced the entire device ;)

this was in freehold NJ... YMMV