Dust... behind the home button glass?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CKohkah, Jun 29, 2009.

1. CKohkah macrumors 6502

I just noticed this... on my new 3GS The main glass on the phone is clean of any dust behind it... but there is now a small speck of dust behind the first layer of glass on the home button!

anyone ever experience this? Obviously, its not a problem, but its annoying. I'm certainly not gonna rush into the Apple store to get my home button replaced, but I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Pics later on...

2. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

Can't say I have the issue. Is that a serviceable part at the store?

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I have the same thing, almost. My single, solitary speck of dust (LARGE speck!) is under the glass about 0.2mm from the home button. It's above and to the right of the home button, so it manages to catch the light perfectly, in almost every lighting condition. Fun.

4. chox99 macrumors regular

iPhone button is made of plastic. Dust must have got in there during manufacturing process. home button will eventually scratched up. I wouldn't worry about that too much. I have couple of dust under my screen and sleep/wake button is sunk on the one side but I'm waiting until something major happen to my phone.