Dust / bits around camera lens

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijon01, Mar 3, 2014.

1. ijon01 macrumors member

I keep getting bits and tiny debris around the camera cover / glass thing on my 5s between the black glass trim and the camera hole glass cover, I wipe across it with my t shirt some come out and some stay in there it's beginning to annoy me now, yes I'm anal

Anyone else notice this or am I too picky ?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I never even look at that part on my iphone, unless im getting blurry photos.

3. Mercifull macrumors regular

Mercifull

I've got dust in my iPhone5 as well. I opened it up to clear the dust out the lens cap which helped but there's dust seemingly INSIDE the actual camera unit itself so I've sent away for a replacement.

4. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Yes, but i don't really care since my photos are good.

5. Mercifull macrumors regular

Mercifull

In my case the dust in the camera is affecting photographs with several "spots" now appearing on every image.

6. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Dust in the camera? If you clean the lens, does it go away? If not, then call/go to Apple for a replacement if under warranty, there is a manufacturing defect either with dust flying around inside the iPhone or a seal is bad and is allowing dust in.

OP, its nothing to worry about. Unless someone is looking for it, I highly doubt they will notice it.

7. Mercifull macrumors regular

Mercifull

It's not under warranty.

8. ijon01 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I have no dust/ debris inside, just on the outside around the camera cover, tried microfiber, used little corners of paper to pick some bits out, will this hurt by the way? I mean using bits of paper to pick stuff out?

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

There are a million threads about this from when the 5 came out. I had this issue and I took it to apple. They cleaned it out for free. Some others had theirs replaced. It was an ongoing issue apparently.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Apple will clean this for free if you take it to the store.

11. Mercifull macrumors regular

Mercifull

Only if it's in warranty.