dust cluster under glass

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natwii60, Aug 3, 2009.

1. natwii60 macrumors newbie

hi, i want to know if having a dust cluster about 3mm in the middle of the screen is a valid reason to see a genuis. its really annoying when im outdoors since the sunlight reveals it very well and when the screen is on light colors it shows as well. it also seems that when i plug it in to charge wether is on my mac or wall plug that came included, its seems to heat up quite about around the dock connector. just want to know if these are valid reasons. thanks.

2. madmak macrumors member

i had my 3GS replaced by Genius for dust under the screen. Most cases they will replace the screen for you.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

Yes return it. If you have one speck under the screen many more will show up. I returned my 3gs 6 days after I bought it for 5 specs of dust.... they genius said "usually it takes more than this" and I said why should I wait for more to show up knowing it will. He replaced the phone.

4. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Exchange it pronto

Same situation for me. I went to see them about dust under my screen and they instantly replaced it. If you have a defective unit don't take no for an answer. It's so funny how some people on this board are such buttlickers that they accept defects and act like everyone should. I would let them know you want it replaced so there won't be any issues down the road of them blaming you for the defective unit or why didn't you come in sooner scenarios.

5. tsvb macrumors 6502

They will replace your display in house no questions asked.