iPad Pro Dust in ipad pro 10.5 lcd

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wongja, Jun 24, 2017.

1. wongja, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017

wongja macrumors newbie

Long story short
    Bought a 10.5 from apple shop in Hong Kong
    There were 6+ spots of dust in LCD
    No doubt, I went to apple shop and they allowed me to exchange a new one by refund.

Several days ago just found a spot of dust again and I went to apple shop yestersay.
    With such quality, this time I decided to subscribe to apple care+ before the repair / exchange process.
    They briefly checked the unit and said OK therefore my iPad is now covered by AppleCare+ with $688hkd paid. (Around 88usd)

Afterwards I went to Genius Bar, staff immediately found the spot with my pointing and suggested another exchange.
    But I need to refund the unit again and buy a new one, and I rejected.

Becoz every time I refund, it takes 2weeks+ to get the credit back from bank.
    Therefore it will be 3rd $6788 HK dollars which is eight hundred something usd x2 held by bank just for refunding.

Finally I requested a service unit for free and they said I need to order and ETA will be 2 weeks+.

I am not sure if the service unit will be fine.
    But this is totally not acceptable as there are at least 3+ users have a "dusty" iPad Pro 10.5 in a Hong Kong forum I frequently visit.

Guys, if you are buying 10.5
    Check carefully before leaving the shop.

Besides, mine is 256 space grey cellular.

Good luck.
    Jason

2. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

I’ve had dust problems with iPads in the past, but this one has none at all. I do have a faint yellow tint by the home button which doesn’t bother me as it only shows on certain backgrounds.