Dust iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TorontoSS, Sep 20, 2014.

1. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Can I please post a REALLY dumb question? It's very dumb. And I'm sorry in advance. It just proves I have a problem. But here it is:

I have an iPhone 6. (Great phone!).

Got it this morning. with my risk averse nature, I put on a cover and a glass screen protector by Spigen right away (doesn't look great, won't lie).

Now...

while playing around with it...I noticed a few black/dark dust specs. Quite small. Note when I was putting on the glass screen protector...it seemed dusty (dust was white/light). I blew it off, used tape and a swap, and a cloth. Eventually I thought it was time. I put on the protector and was pleased with myself for putting it on easily. Now there's not air bubbles. Which occur when there's a dust spec under the screen protector.

So my question is (sorry)...do you think the dust is under the screen itself, or under the screen protector? I understand the only real way to know is to take off the protector. But I'm reluctant to do that because...well I'm cheap.

Any ideas?

2. Stacked macrumors regular

Well...only way you can be certain is if you take the screen protector off You could try lifting it partway and push the dust sticker underneath to test it

3. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

Not proud of myself but I did just do that...and yes it was just dust under the protector! Now the protector is gone (my own fault, I kept messing it up! That's ok though it was pretty bad quality by spigen. But thanks!