Dust & Magic Mouse questions.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by krspkbl, Feb 19, 2013.

1. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Hi,

I've had my iMac for just over a week now. I have AppleCare until February 2016.

1. I thought I had a dead pixel but upon closer inspection it seems to be just a bit of dust. It's very distracting having a black spot on the screen. Will Apple do anything for me?

2. Is the glass on the Magic Mouse supposed to slide to one side? Mines does and it the aluminium underneath sticks out enough to catch my thumb. Also very distracting. Is this normal? If not, will Apple give me a replacement mouse?

Thank you very much.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, the glass should not move on your MM...that needs to be replaced...If the black spot is inside the screen then you have a case for a replacement too...try cleaning it with a slightly damp microfibre cloth ( you should have received one with the iMac) if that fails to remove it, then contact Apple...It's a new machine and Apple need to get a grip on QC.

3. krspkbl thread starter macrumors 6502

krspkbl

When I'm holding the mouse I can slide the glass over to the right with my thumb. Not a lot but it certainly does move enough to expose the aluminium underneath which catches my thumb when I try to slide it down the side. Also on the left side (where the aluminium is sticking out a bit) there as more space between the aluminium and glass than there is on the right side. Definitely worth replacing?

The first iMac I got had blackspots so when I got this replacement the next day I checked it out in the store but couldn't see anything wrong with it. It wasn't until late that night (after checking the screen many times) that I noticed the black spot. I wasn't able to wipe it away. I thought it was a dead pixel but I took some close up pictures and all the pixels are lighting up where the spot is. It is also only visible from certain angles and distance.

Should I definitely take it back for replacement?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The mouse for sure...I'm super fussy and if my new imac had been delivered with a black spot AND a faulty MM, I would have been on to my Apple rep right away...If you can live with it then fine, but I'd return it.

5. krspkbl thread starter macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Yeah, I'm gonna return it this week. I've just had enough of Apple right now. 6 macs in 2 months. I think enough is enough now.