Dust... (MBA Cleaning)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lukekarts, Feb 10, 2012.

1. lukekarts macrumors regular

Dust gets everywhere. Do you find your MBA accumulates dust in the fans / heat sink; and if so are they easy to clean out? Blowing compressed air is the normal solution but does the design of the MBA prohibit this?

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Mine seems to be less of a dust magnet than my MBP, but I use an extra fine varnish brush to clean the vents and KB...Then I use an anti-static cloth, slightly dampened..Works fine.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

5. TjeuV macrumors 6502

"This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple."

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It still applies. There's nothing to update. The facts haven't changed since it was last updated, 6 months ago. You'll find that on many Apple articles, where the information doesn't need to be updated to still be relevant.

7. Nioxic macrumors regular

I have mine in a sleeve whenever i'm not using it

This means that it wont get as much dust, as it would if just had it on my desk for hours etc when not being used (at night for example)

But as for cleaning the inside of it from dust?
    I have no idea.. it's not a problem now :p and I've never owned a laptop where it was a problem

i clean my keyboard often with just a pretty dry (not 100%) cloth thing, and on the screen, i use a microfiber cloth with some cleaning spray i got for some sunglasses i bought. That works nicely :) (spray on cloth, then rub cloth on screen gently)

8. TjeuV macrumors 6502

Most of the dust that comes in is due to the air flow caused by the ventilator, when it's off there won't be as much dust coming in

9. The Smyrk macrumors member

I wonder if "dust cleaning" is covered under my apple care :p If it is then I'm definitely taking my MBA to the nearest genius bar to get a complimentary cleaning cause I'm too lazy to bother trying to unscrew it myself...

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not.

11. spikeyjac macrumors regular