Dust or Scratch under iPad 2 screen glass

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dstar, Mar 13, 2011.

1. dstar macrumors regular

I thought I had a couple of dead pixels right next to each other, but viewing the screen at different angles makes the spot shine or disappear. I small line is also visible with the device turned off.

Went to the apple store today to have them check it out. They took down my information and will call me when a replacement comes in sometime this week.

I bought it Best Buy but it's probably easier just dealing with apple for the replacement.

Anyone else experience something like this with the iPad 2?

2. Big2Planker macrumors newbie

Dust

I just noticed a piece of lint under the black bezel on my less than a week old iPad2.

Not happy, but will take in tomorrow and await a replacement.

3. endotox macrumors newbie

Found dust under my ipad 2 screen

I found several specks of dust under my ipad 2 screen and took it back to the Apple store. The guys there replaced my ipad 2 without hestitation. For some reason I have the worst luck with getting dust under my screens. I got my iphone 3gs screen replaced several times because of dust issues. It's quite annoying. I hope this never happens again.

4. parkp81 macrumors member

I don't have an iPad 2, but I got a iPad 1 about 1 month ago when Verizon was having there special on iPad 1. The one I got from them had dust under it so I exchanged it for another at my local Apple store. Sadly went home and noticed dust under the replacement, so I took it back the same day, and the guy said this is the last exchange :mad:. The last exchange had dust under it too, but it was better than the previous 2.

A week later I decide to call Apple care and get an exchange for the one I got at the store. In the end I went through 3 exchanges with Apple care and still all the replacements had dust under them and had issues with backlight bleeding/yellowing/smudges under glass/etc.

I've went through 5 iPads. Still stuck with one that has dust under it. I've gotten fed up with this process of having to keep calling back and returning my replacements that I receive.

Maybe I will one day try my luck again before my warranty ends.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I had. Goodluck.

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

I have several specks of dust under the screen but you can only see them when you shine a flashlight on them. Not sure if I could even get it replaced. It's unnoticeable at all.

6. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

that is some serious bad luck. i dont understand how you even got through 5 ipads...

7. HardLuckStories macrumors regular

Voices in his head?

8. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

scratch or lint under screen

you know for a second i thought I had a very small scatch on my screen but I don't feel it with my nail. So i'm not so sure if it's a scratch or lint/dust...sucks as my original iPad ever got a scratch when I had it. I just ordered a BSE though to protect the front and back...seems like a good deal. The scratch is so small though that I'm not sure I would go to the Apple store for a replacement...

9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

My iPad has a spec of dust on top of the A5 processor. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but I know it's there. Will Apple replace this?