Dust/particle under iPhone 7 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iStorm, Nov 1, 2016.

1. iStorm macrumors newbie

I just recently noticed a tiny black dot my screen and thought it was a dead pixel or two, but then I realized the position of the dot would shift if the screen was tilted. For example, if I scroll some text in Safari or iMessage to put the dot in the middle of an 'o', it would appear on one side of the 'o' if tilted one way, and shift to the other side if tilted the other way. So it seems that something is stuck between the display and glass, right? I didn't scrutinize every detail of the phone when I first got it a month ago, so I'm not sure if this was always there or if it somehow worked its way in there. It does seem weird that I haven't noticed it earlier due to the location (near the send button in iMessage), but who knows. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is any chance that this particle might work itself loose and hopefully fall off the screen? Or should I look into getting the phone replaced?

I would take this to an Apple store to have it looked at, but unfortunately the nearest ones are about four hours away and I probably won't be near one any time soon. Is it possible to have Apple ship me a replacement if I chat or email them? I purchased the phone online trough Verizon, and traded in an iPhone 5 if that make any difference. Would Verizon consider this a defect and replace it if I contact them about this issue? Just trying to get an idea of the best route I should go.

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

express replacement thru apple customer service online chat or phone.

3. techiebug macrumors 6502a

My previous iphone 7 Plus has a dust under the camera glass. It bugged the hell out of me I returned it

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

This is very common unfortunately. I always seem to have the worst luck with this. Especially on iPads, but have had it with iPhones and even Apple Watch. I wish they would find a way to get this under control. But to answer your question, no it will not go away and you can't "massage" the screen to move it either. Unfortunately, your best best is to replace it.