Dust problem when using iskin solo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by seraphkz, Sep 15, 2009.

1. seraphkz macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have a 3GS with a white iskin solo case.
    Does anyone notice that there are constant dust particles accumulating at the edge of the case on the screen?

Whenever I take my phone out of my pocket, I see dust particles stuck at the edge (near the chrome bezel, even though covered by the case) of the case! it's really annoying how every time I have to lift up the edge of the case a little bit and clean it!

It'd be great if anyone has some suggestions. Thanks.

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

every case i've ever had that covers the bezel and has that edge does that. maybe empty the dust out of your pockets.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

That is the exact reason why I stopped using my Iskin Solo. Dust and ear sweat collect around the corners and it's a pain in the ass to clean and it makes the screen look nasty every time I pull it out of my pants pocket.

Switch to an open face case like the Speck Candyshell or Marware Flexishell and you won't have that problem. They both have a lay on the table design without covering the front and causing dust collection.

They also scratch the top bezel less because cases that cover that have a tendancy to sandwhich dust between the case and the bezel causing scratches. With an open face case that doesn't happen and it makes cleaing so much easier while not collecting crap.

4. seraphkz thread starter macrumors newbie

Ferris23, thanks a lot. I just bought the speck candyshell. Hopefully it'll be a better case.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I think you'll like it. It is bulkier than the Iskin but it also offers way more protection and IMO is a nicer looking and more solid case. I loved the Iskin for a while but the messy front just got to me, it collected so much lint and dust.

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I brought back my candy shell because it collected dust around the bezel.

7. seraphkz thread starter macrumors newbie

So what case are you using right now?