Dust under iPhone3GS screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eminemdrdre00, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

A few weeks ago I woke up to 2 pieces of dust under my iPhone3GS screen. I originally thought they were dead pixels, but I still notice them when the screen is off. Today I noticed a 3rd piece of dust, it's especially noticeable when web browsing or using an app that doesn't have a dark background.

I've read that people have been able to swap their iPhones for a new one for this very problem at the Apple store. Do you think 3 pieces of dust under the screen is enough for a new one? I'm upset because it could hurt the resale value, I plan on selling this and getting the new iPhone in the summer.

My last question is would I have to bring it to an Apple store? The closest one is 45 minutes away, but the AT&T store where I bought it is 10 minutes away. Would AT&T perform the swap, or would I have to bring it to Apple?

Thanks!

2. droeun macrumors member

They did mine, but the next one got dust too, lol. If you can live with it, don't bother, or you might get one with a yellow screen. Now I use a case & haven't gotten any dust... wife also. Used to get them on my old phone when I carried it nude.

3. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

i had dust under my screen before, Apple "repaired" the phone

4. ArrowSmith macrumors regular

How it possible - isn't the screen hermetically sealed?

5. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

yeah, but those bastards still gets through

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Apple stores can remove the glass, clean it, and put it back for you. I've had my glass replaced before at the store.