Dust under IS

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by casjohnr, Oct 18, 2007.

1. casjohnr macrumors regular

Today I pulled out my iPod Touch and there appears to be loads of dust particles in the area above the screen!

These were NOT present when I applied the shield, as I checked for hours after the application.

Any tips? Or should I just go to IS and ask for a replacement? But it might end up scratching my Touch :(

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The front of the Touch is glass, and therefore is very hard to scratch. What you really need to worry about is the back.

3. California King macrumors 65816

How can dust develop under the IS? It's not possible. Think about it. You probably didn't do a good job applying it or something.

4. solyd macrumors regular

My guess is that you didn't wipe the screen adequately before applying the film. You won't notice dust if the screen is wet (the liquid installation solution). The solution takes a long time to dry completely, so when the screen dried, the dust became obvious.

5. cwolves macrumors regular

Does anyone know if the IS could be re-applied after it's dried and taken off? I have a similiar problem, although slightly different. There is a small smear on the touch that is visible on white screens that I want to get rid of. I'm afraid that if I take the IS off and clean the screen again that it will either be stretched or won't re-attach properly.

6. solyd macrumors regular

It should be fine; I've heard that the IS does stretch but if you leave it alone for a while (maybe a day), it goes back to its original size. If anything, you have that lifetime warranty.