Dust Under My Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pellets007, Apr 4, 2009.

1. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I just switched to a Mac after filing at $21,000 lawsuit against Dell. Maybe two weeks into my purchase of and Aluminium MacBook, I spot something that looks like dust under my screen. I have tried scratching and nothing is there, as well as glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. But it doesn't appear to be a dead pixel, as it's there when the screen/MacBook is turned off. It even looks like it's under the screen. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's in the middle horizontally, but more towards the left of the screen, yet still enough to be prominent.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Many people have experienced dust under the screen. If you do, exchange it if it's within the 14 day return policy.

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

u say its only a few weeks old? take it to the Apple Store and have a mac genius look at it. its under warranty so it should be free.

4. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Yeah, I'm on the phone right now. I was just wondering if other users have experienced this issue.

5. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

If I happen to get a new MacBook at the store, would they allow me to transfer my files there? I don't have any sort of backup device save for a 4GB flashdrive/8GB iPhone.

6. kimnkk macrumors member

kimnkk

If you purchased it from the online Apple store, could you get a straight swap in an Apple store?

I've got the same problem with my MBP but i actually thought it was a dead pixel at first. The guy at the Genius Bar was unwilling to do anything except say its normal and i should contact Apple support as its between me and them for some reason. :confused:

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You're going to have to inquire about that by calling up the Apple Store you plan on going to.

You would need to call CSR for that so they can give you a case number or Customer Satisfaction Code for them to do it in-store if you purchased it online.

8. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I got a new MacBook, but it has slanted function keys, an uneven trackpad and another speck of dust. I don't mind all except the latter. I really am unsure of what to do, because I can't keep running back and forth from the Apple Store, and I don't want to send my MacBook in for a week, only for them to tell me that they don't see anything. Anyone think it will go away on its own?

9. ahjjones Guest

In a word, no. I would take it back to the Apple Store. Why did you sue Dell? Hopefully you won't try to do the same to Apple :p

10. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Purposely ignoring issues plaguing an entire product line. *sigh* I only have a few days left, and I really don't want to go back to the store. And about the lawsuit, it's different with Apple, as they only have one product line, unlike Dell or HP. I've been relatively happy with my Mac until now.

11. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Would they allow me to pay $99 for a refurb 15" MBP at the Apple Store and return my MB? I don't want to go through this again, and if the MBPs don't have this issue...

12. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

No.

You won't go through this again, and there's a chance that any unibody will have it.