Dust under screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MSUSpartan, Mar 26, 2011.

1. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

Just got my iPad yesterday and loving it so far. No noticeable light bleed under normal usage either, but unfortunately there's a huge piece of dust underneath the screen on the lower left. It's pretty big for dust, and you can easily spot it even 2 feet away. Now the dreaded genius bar appt...

Anyone else have this problem? Seems like this is the first case of it appearing on the forums here. Probably just bad luck on my part.

I have another from Apple online next week that I plan on returning. Can I just send the one I have now (bought from eBay) to them as a return and keep the new one?

2. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

quality control on this launch has been crap...good luck

3. aicul macrumors 6502a

If you switch the iPads and return another you may caught by the unique serial number of each iPad. That is if some checks, and if you get caught I can imagine Apple billing for the iPad and NOT returning the one you sent in.

If the iPad with the dust is under warranty, just return it..

Actually, I fail to understand why you ask ?

4. ea9 macrumors regular

5. MSUSpartan thread starter macrumors 6502

Because going to the Genius Bar in NYC sucks. Even if you make an appt it's at least a 45 minute time commitment.

I can't return though but I'll exchange it, since I bought this one from eBay. The one I bought from the Apple online store is coming next week.

6. aicul macrumors 6502a

Going to a genius bar can be an annoyance - point taken.

But if the iPad is under warranty your faster going to apple (=genius bar), otherwise try an ebay return (is this possible?)..

And I do not recommend the "innocent" swap...

7. MSUSpartan thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like genius bar it is, wouldn't return it through eBay (probably even more work/coordination). I work about 10 blocks from the 5th Ave store, will hit it up this week. Thanks all.