iPad Dust Under Screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CaveDog21, Jan 21, 2014.

1. CaveDog21 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have some dust in the top left of my iPad air. Two "large" pieces and a few smaller pieces are very difficult to see. I'm just wondering what is considered "acceptable". Does anyone else have dust?

2. blarivee macrumors 6502

My display is dust free. If it bothers you, you should take it to the Apple store for a replacement.

3. mrsean macrumors newbie

It will bother you until you take it back and have it replaced. That is what I did when I discovered dust under my Air's screen.

4. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I took mine back. The replacement I got had dust under the screen right out of the box...took that one back. The third one was great.

Apple is really struggling with quality control this time around with the iPad.

5. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

This is not anything new, it's just getting worse. I had this problem with the first gen iPad mini, iPod nano 7th gen, and iPad 2. I love the company and their products, however, people need to hold their feet to the fire as far as quality control. I know that it probably has to do with the fact that they are bigger than ever and are selling more items than ever, but with the cash hoard that they have, they can afford to do better and devise a better system for QC.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

whats considered acceptable is up to you. if it was mine i would get a replacement.

7. mustu macrumors 6502

Hi i got one with dust under the screen too. I did not even turn it on. Now waiting to get a new iPad as there is no stock of the 128GB.

Sadly in India the process is long as they do not have an Apple store here and you need to go to the service centre and then get a letter from them, which you have to take to the reseller and then get a new one if you are lucky they will have it in stock.

This is one reason people should avoid getting iPads and other stuff that have issues like this if they don't have the service to support it.Its better to buy it from the UK/USA or where ever they provide the service as apple intends it to be.

Trust me unless you are lucky you will be very unhappy with the long service and system apple follows in India.

This for me is the last device I have purchased in India, unless they change the system offer a system similar to other countries where they do a one to one instant replacement.

An iPad with dust for US$ 1050/- is not acceptable.

8. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I agree. The quality is getting worse and worse. I've got an Air that's OK but hasn't wowed me like past iPads have. The screen is even mostly and that's after having had 6 or 7 try's - all much worse with various faults.

I've given up on the Mini Retina and bought an LTE Nexus 7 that has a nice even white screen and was £200 less for the same specs. If the new Nexus 10 appears soon I may get shot of my Air and say goodbye to Apple for tablets.

9. iChaitanya macrumors newbie

I completely agree. The RMA procedure in India is horrible. The after-sales service provided by the so called service centers is absolute rubbish. Have to wait for 4-7 working days for a replacement. Also, I've accepted the fact that all iPads sold in India have some dust particles under their screens - my 6 replacements (of 64GB WiFi) had the same issue. :confused: