Dust under screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iamwx, Jan 22, 2010.

1. iamwx macrumors newbie

I was using my phone as normal today abd i found a white spot on the top right of my screen. Thinking that it was dust. I removed my screen shield
    but it wont come out. I dont think its a dead pixel as its still there even after pressing the power button. So its like a black screen i
    with a white dot. Anyone had this before and what did you do?

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

It's be hard to determine what exactly it is without seeing it. Can you post pictures of it? Also, dead pixels are black so if it's a white spot it's not a dead pixel.

DPA

3. iamwx thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have a camera with me currently, but its looks like something like a white piece of dust/lint if that makes sense.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It'll be dust I had to have my 3g replaced several times due to poor screen seal.

5. dvince2 macrumors 6502

dvince2

I had the same experience. Took it to the Apple store because I had a light-leak letting dust in. Genius wrote the problem up as "distracting dust", and replaced my screen. All in all took less than 30 mins for them to replace the screen.

6. iamwx thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, looks like i have to make a trip down the Apple store soon

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Yeah, I had to have my screen replaced for a less fortunate demise: cracked by dropping. I ended up having to dish out $200 for a new screen on my 32GB 3GS. They made the entire fix including paper work and all in less than 20 minutes. It's not a big deal if you're under warranty.

DPA

8. akswun macrumors regular

akswun

After reading this thread I went to the Apple store today on a booked appt. with a genius and had my whole replaced!

Yay for Apple!!!!

BTW, I've had my phone for about 9 months.