Dust Under Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00t951, Aug 14, 2010.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Now that I think about it, I carry my iPhone 4 in my pocket with the Apple Bumper case on it while I am not using it. I had a similar thing going with my 2nd Gen iPod Touch, which had a case that left only the dock and audio port exposed. My Touch, however, developed a bit of dust under the screen that I am sure came from carrying it in my pocket. Did Apple correct this dust vulnerability yet, or will carrying my iPhone 4 in my pocket result in dust buildup under the screen? Thanks.

2. ultravioletfly macrumors regular

Unlike the previous two iPhone gens, the 4 has the glass laminates to the LCD screen, so unless dust got in at the factory, it should be completely clear of dust from your pockets.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I agree, unless the dust was their to begin with, it couldn't have built up from being in your pocket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. themagicman00 macrumors member

I bought a 3GS last December and it had two pieces of dust inside the screen which really didn't bother me as much. Now that I have my iphone4, gave my 3gs to my wife, but she has a fit with the two pieces of dust. She really finds annoying that there is dust. Is there anything I can do? granted, the phone is ok and it works fine.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if you bought the 3GS in December 2009, then your covered under Apple Care until December 2010. I would take it in to Apple and have them switch it out.