Dust under the screen. Do they all have it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by levitynyc, May 27, 2011.

1. levitynyc macrumors 65816

My iPad 2 is 2 months old and I just noticed dust underneath the screen toward a corner. Its very noticeable on a white background and when the screen is off. Today I went to Apple to exchange it and there was the same piece of dust under the screen right in the middle on the exchange.

It was the last one they had so they are sending it back DOA and will call me when they get more, but I am worried that they all have dust under them and its a matter of being fussy enough to notice.

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

I have never noticed anything like this on mine.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I love statistics on the internet. "If two iPads have dust under the screen, then all iPads must have dust under the screens."

Dust happens. Apple is working with you to get you a dust free model. Just keep returning until you get one without any. Most likely it will be your next model.

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I had dust under my first one and returned it. It wasn't visible when in use, but it was visible when the screen was off and drove me nuts. My second one is dust free, but I did notice some a little bit of residue (Not dust but more like a few grayish dots) under the glass in one corner. It is only visible under really direct light and never when in use. I decided to stick with this one, because it has absolutely 0 light bleed and no visible dust.

I'll just sell it for an iPad 3 in a year anyway.