Dust under the screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DashSatan, Mar 16, 2012.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

There is a speck of dust under my screen, tell me that apple will let me exchange? That will bother me to no end. Also it better not matter that my iPad is engraved ha. I want to up to the 32gig anyway.

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

3. levitynyc macrumors 65816

I had my iPad 2 replaced twice over 8 months for dust under the screen. They will exchange it for you.

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Yeah, I had major issues with this with the 2. My first one suddenly developed a bunch of dust under the screen in the top right corner about 2 weeks after having it. Took it in for an exchange and they gave me one that looked perfect at first, but had what looked like a water stain on the glass on the underside. I decided to keep it, but then it got 3 dead pixels, so I exchanged. The third one I got had a HUGE chunk of white dust under the screen right in the middle. Even my wife noticed it, and she's really not nitpicky about gadgets at all. I took that one in and the genius told me that I must use it in a dusty environment, basically blaming all the issues on me. I told him that I sit at a desk behind a computer all day. He offered me one last exchange and advised that this was the last one. Alas, more dust AND a scratch in the bezel area. I inspected it in front of him at the store, but the light must not have been right to see the scratches, and I don't know why I didn't notice the dust.

In the end, I put a screen protector on it so I couldn't see the scratches and just learned to ignore the dust. And when I unboxed my new iPad today, I made really sure to NOT inspect it.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Congratulations! You have learned the secret to happiness! :D

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple provides superb customer service, I'm sure they'll be happy to replace yours. If you have an Apple store within range, the sooner the better.

I took my wife's in tonight cause it had a very yellow display. The genius took one look, agreed it was bad & replaced it immediately. They had plenty in stock.

Apple has never let me down. Decade after decade. And I buy a lot of computers, pads, pods, & phones :)