Dust under the screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kyeris, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I've had my iPhone replaced 3 times now I believed over the past year. The first two were terrible, but this one I've had for around 6 months and has seemed to not suffer any problems - until I decided to replace the screen protector.

I've had an incase slider on the phone since I got my last phone replaced, and a screen protector a month after I got it replaced because I found a small scratch on the screen.

I just took the screen protector (power support anti glare) off to replace it with a new one, and I found four or five pieces of dust on the screen that I attempted to rub off but noticed that they were under the screen.

I was shocked as to how these would have gotten under the screen, especially considering I have had the case on since I got the phone. The only thing that had ever happened to it was a little paint got in between the bezel and the glass screen.

I tried to take pictures but it's impossible considering the glare on the screen.

I am tempted to schedule another appointment and see what they can do about this, should I or should I just accept it? Knowing me I'm obsessive about even the smallest things and I'm afraid that this is going to kill me over the next year I have on this AT&T contract!

2. bigchief macrumors 6502a

The more people complain about it the sooner apple will fix that problem. You know, the sqeeky wheel gets the grease. If it's going to bother you that much take it back.

3. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

They replace the screens at the Apple stores now. So bring it in and they'll fix it for you.

4. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Exactly what dissdnt said.

I got my whole display (LCD, glass, digitizer, etc) replaced less than a week ago on my 3G. I had no AppleCare, had 3.0 beta 5, and didn't buy directly from Apple and was in an out in 20 minutes.

Make sure you make an appointment at the Genius Bar though, and get there 10+ minutes early.

5. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Really? They do this in the store now? How much?

I cracked my 3g screen a while back and the Apple store told me I was SOL. I had to send it off to an independent company but now I have all sorts of dust under the screen and its been bugging me!!

6. Kyeris thread starter macrumors 6502

That's awesome. I'm happy that they won't replace the whole thing, who knows what I could end up with.

I'm pretty sure accidental damage isn't covered, but I thought they did screen replacement for $$ as of a while ago for accidental damage.