Dust

Yaja123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
I leave my powerbook open at night so it can come on, as scheduled, in the morning all loaded up ready for use! :p

But at night the dust settles.

Anyone know of a cover? Or anyone do anything to minimise dust getting into keyboard etc.

I use an air spray on my powerbook keyboard and all over every couple of days to give it a clean but just wondered what other people do? if anything....

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
I think you're paranoid...

If you're already using compressed air on the keyboard "every couple of days", I don't think you really need to worry about dust settling overnight. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, might this be what you're looking for?

Yaja123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
noooooo....not paranoid :eek:

honest. just want to protect my lovely powerbook. if anything went wrong with it i dont know how id cope.... prob the best thing ive ever brought.

thanks for link. something to think about.

Yaja123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Put it to sleep at night? That didnt cross my mind..... :rolleyes:

although sometimes it doesnt go to sleep because a program needs some kind of acknowledgement.....

but i suppose thats the answer, although i like the powerbook to have a nice proper nights rest - starting-up afresh in the morning :D

i dont like the keyboard cover - it will get dusty itself and look crap after awhile anyway. and i use the bluetooth external keyboard anyway.

the cloth is a good solution. could use a camera cloth but i might get it anyway.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I put iSkin on Ti PB (as it is always on the open position on the desk---to prevent the wear and tear of the hinge mechanism) and I wash iSkin if it gest dusty. My 2 other Al PBs are in clam shell position with ACD screens. So, I just dust off with the soft computer towel (white ones you can buy at Staples or any other computer stores). If you want to prevent dusts from materalializing, you can run the air cleaners. I run 2 filter-type air cleaners and 2 Sharper Image silent air cleaner. So, not much to dust to worry about.

Also, I put in Radtech's PB screen protectors for my Al PBs (to protect the screen and to seal off the small space between the screen and key board when closed).

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Now I want to talk to all of you about dust...

You have to watch Little Britain to get this...

Attachments

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Wes said:
Now I want to talk to all of you about dust...
I'm a big fan of "George Dawes" :D

Back on topic: Why no just put a sheet of paper over your keyboard at night? That will prevent dust from getting into it and cost you next to nothing...

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
This is what I generally use now, ever since a reader here commented on the dust and fingerprints on one of my Macs. Suiting up is optional, but I think the bonnets look pretty spiffy.