Dusty Inners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gadgetdad, Oct 24, 2008.

1. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

So when I had my Macbook Pro apart last night I noticed it pretty dusty inside. What is the safest way to clean it up? Should I re-open it and wipe it off with a brush and vacuum or should I used the compressed air cans? Or should I leave it closed and use the air cans only? Or ?

Thanks

2. belvdr macrumors 601

Used the compressed air cans. If you use a brush, vacuum, or air from an air compressor, you risk generating some static and discharging that on the machine.

3. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

never ever use a vacuum. use the compressed air and maybe a small brush (keep yourself grounded) if some of it is stubborn.

4. gadgetdad thread starter macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Thanks, do you recommend leaving the macbook sealed or opening it up with the compressed air?

5. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

if you have the know how to take it apart, you will certainly get more dust out of it. if not, do what you can with it sealed up.

good luck!

6. belvdr macrumors 601

If you feel comfortable in opening it, then that's the route I'd go. But when I clean something, I want it clean all through and through.

7. gadgetdad thread starter macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

8. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I don't know if I would use compressed air. I did the same thing last weekend, and my fan exploded. It's going to Houston, TX to get repaired right now.

Everyone on my thread basically said it was stupid for me to use it, so if you break it, expect a lot of people to say it was your fault, Apple shouldn't cover it, etc...

No offense... I thought it was a good idea as well, seeing that my fan was running faster than normal and it was running hotter than normal.