DV Deck Purchase Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Steven1621, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

I need to purchase a new DV deck. As I'm sure many of you know, you can spend a ton of money on these devices, so I need to find one that meets my needs, but is also not overkill. I need a deck that takes MiniDV and DVCAM tapes and can accept S-video and RCA connections. From there, I will log the footage via Firewire.

My needs are basic. I currently have a Sony DSR-20, and it gets the job done. I can spend up to $5000 on this deck, but would like to get something that accommodates my needs. Any advice?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I don't think you need to spend $5K. Find a camera with a busted lens. It's digital so as long as the data is moved, t's an exact copy.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I guess I'm confused... if you have a DSR-20 and it gets the job done what do you need a new deck for? And your list of needs (FW, S-video, composite, DV & DVCAM) is so basic that just about any deck will do that. Is there something specific you need that the DSR-20 doesn't offer?

Lethal

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I don't know of many DVCAM camcorders with RCA/S-Video inputs though.

I like my DSR-11. But if you know you like the DSR-20, you might just want another one of those.

[​IMG]