DVB-T USB TV tuner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by smellyjw, Nov 1, 2008.

1. smellyjw macrumors newbie

A friend of mine recently purchased one of these DVB-T usb tv receiver things

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/79633...ogue-USB-TV-Tuner-For-Mac-And-PC/Product.html

we went through the process of installing and registering it all online etc. However when we went to search for channels we could find absolutely nothing. He's running a 21" iMac on 10.5.4 (pretty sure) and we couldnt get anything at all.

I was looking at getting one for myself, I have a MacBook on 10.5.5 but am worried that I too wont be able to receive any channels or stations.

I have read a lot about plugging it into a wall socket areal as it receives better reception (obviously) but in my room I don't have one, and don't have room for a television either, so this is the best option I have.

According to the UK freeview website I should have really good coverage, but I'm doubting it.

Does anyone have any advice on how my friend can better receive channels, in the possibility of me getting one? Just as a note they only live around the block from me, so our reception should be fairly similar.

Cheers for anyone who might be able to help!

:apple:

2. timestoby macrumors 6502

why not try and hook it upto an indoor antena,a decent one that has one of them signal booster. and tell ur friend to put the antena near a window up high in the room etc.