Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjjm36m3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Can anyone recommend a good DVD burner software for, well, burning a DVD to DVD? thanks.

macnfab

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2009
NorthEast IN
I spent months working on finding a program that would allow me to back up my dvd collection like I did on windows (using anydvd and oneclickcocpyDVD) and i had no luck. So I am still doing this one small task on windows for now and when I get an iMac I will run Parallels so that I can still do this. This has been the only program I have found that mac runs short on. I tried at least a half a dozen different combos (on my macbook) burning/ compression / decryption apps to no real avail. Some worked okay, but none worked on all my. dvd's

Now if your not looking to make backup copies of your copy protected dvd's than it is considerably easier and i would recommend DVD2oneX2 for mac. This program works great if you're not trying to decrypt or compress you new copy.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Now if your not looking to make backup copies of your copy protected dvd's than it is considerably easier and i would recommend DVD2oneX2 for mac. This program works great if you're not trying to decrypt or compress you new copy.

Well I can in no way recommend this for nefarious purposes, but there is a simple three-step process. Mac the Ripper will convert a DVD into a folder on your desktop. From there, Handbrake will turn the folder into a QT movie. Drop that movie into iDVD and burn it. Voila!

For non-copy-protected disks, Disk Utility can turn an entire DVD into a disk image, which can then be burned back onto a blank DVD.

macnfab

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2009
NorthEast IN
Thank you, yes I have used mac the ripper. It does work perfectly on some dvd's but is in no way powerful enough decryption for alot of the children's movies I make backup copies of. So until mac comes up with an equal I will stick to windows for this one small task.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Mac DVDRipper Pro

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

b.miller123

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2007
For those of you who use Handbrake, which version are you running? I tried running the current one, and 9.3 and they both don't work.

I have an intel core2duo running osx 10.4, but I can't seem to find a version of handbrake that will work at all. I download it but it wont work. I'm guessing that is because

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.