Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhoenixNite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
I'm backing up some files to clear some space on my hard drive. I've burned about 10 DVD's so far. Now I keep getting this message - Burning the disk failed because communication to the disc drive failed. (Error code 0x80020022). I still have a ton of stuff left to burn and I keep getting that message. I do everything as usual. I make a new burn folder add the files pop in the disc and burn. The session never even starts. It sits there on opening session for a while then it spits the disc back out and gives me the error message.

The drive failed on me once before and I had to have it replaced while it was still under warranty. I didn't really use the drive much until now. My warranty has since run out and I can't afford to replace the drive. Is there a way to fix this without having to replace it?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
What operating system are you running under? I've found that Leopard on my MacBook has shown a higher rate of burn failures just before verification. I then turn around and burn perfect discs using Parallels or on my desktop. I've even tried several brands of media as well.

Under Tiger I've never noticed such a high failure rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.