DVD Burning Issues

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm trying to figure out if this is an OSX error, or a software error.. but this is an error I keep getting when I attempt to burn a dvd movie ripped via MacTheRipper.. Happens with Popcorn and with Toast.

Any thoughts? Won't let me burn! Grr.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
intersting, have u tried the free dvd burning program "Burn" http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/ ??

if its happening with all of those applications it must be an error while ripping the DVD. can you play the ripped DVD in idvd?? maybe check that out to see if there are any errors.

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
intersting, have u tried the free dvd burning program "Burn" http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/ ??

if its happening with all of those applications it must be an error while ripping the DVD. can you play the ripped DVD in idvd?? maybe check that out to see if there are any errors.
Does iDVD play VIDEO_TS formats? I couldnt get it to open..

I'll try BURN tonight.. and I'll try ripping another movie and burning it.

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
oh **** mybad, i meant DVD Player.. sorry i got mixed up..
Lol.. I should have picked up on this..

The movie starts, but doesn't really play. Maybe its the DVD.

I'm ripping another DVD..

In the interim, however.. I feel I should mention that when I insert a blank DVD, it doesn't show up on my desktop. Shouldn't it do that?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
Lol.. I should have picked up on this..

The movie starts, but doesn't really play. Maybe its the DVD.

I'm ripping another DVD..

In the interim, however.. I feel I should mention that when I insert a blank DVD, it doesn't show up on my desktop. Shouldn't it do that?
yeap try a diff dvd to rip. then work from that.

if the dvd doesnt pop up on the dekstop there are a number of different settings that you can choose what happens in the "system preferences" under "CD's & DVD's"
it could be that when u insert a blank DVD its set to 'ignore' or summin.
have a look around.