DVD burning problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Warranty Voider, May 22, 2009.

1. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

Recently one of my DVDs became to scratched to play, so I downloaded the whole DVD rip (It's legal because I legally bought it in the first place). However, when I try to burn the .img to the disc it gives me an error each time saying that it can't be burned yet when I take the disc out you can clearly see the burned data on it. Then, when I insert the DVD again DVD player opens up but refuses to play the movie because of an error (I think it was error -36). I know it's a burning problem because I can mount the .img and then select it as a video source in DVD player and the movie will play just fine. Any suggestions?

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

did you finalize it? also what region did you burn it on?

3. Warranty Voider thread starter macrumors 6502

It was just a regular DVD +R, but now I've got worse problems. Now my MBP isn't even recognizing my DVD drive. Here's a pic of System Profiler...

EDIT: Now it's showing up again, but burning still isn't working. It seems to be recognizing it, and then not recognizing it every few minutes.

Attached Files:

4. Warranty Voider thread starter macrumors 6502

Grrr. Now it's not even booting from the DVD drive. Time to go to the apple store. Hopefully they'll replace it. It's starting to piss me off that my laptop always seems to have a problem with something exactly when I need that something. :mad: I'm just in a bad mood because I need my computer for finals soon and don't have a lot of time for problems.