dvd burning software for selecting episodes

swots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
6
0
Hi, im using popcorn and thats fine for movies etc, but when backing up a dvd of say three 50min episodes i dont want to compress the data.
I would rather put each episode (or two) on a seperate disc to keep full quality but popcorn doesnt give you the option of selecting and copying individual chapters/episodes.
What software does anyone recommend to do this job?
Im running osX (10.3.3) on powerbook G4
many thanks,
Swots
 

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
1,786
1
Kushiel's Scion
Fast DVD Copy will let you. In fact, it will strip Macrovision and make the disc region-free as well. You can delete special features and/or audio tracks as well.

In this specific case you'd just select what episodes you want and copy, then repeat with the different episodes.

Fantastic program. I highly recommend it.
 
Comment

skp574

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2005
280
0
greenwich.london.uk
Don M. said:
Fast DVD Copy will let you. In fact, it will strip Macrovision and make the disc region-free as well. You can delete special features and/or audio tracks as well.

In this specific case you'd just select what episodes you want and copy, then repeat with the different episodes.

Fantastic program. I highly recommend it.
I thought I'd give it a go. It won't get past scanning the disc and freezing. So can't use it.

I think I'll be going back to Mactheripper instead.
 
Comment

swots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
6
0
Anyone happily selecting specific chapters/files ripped with 'mactheripper' using 'fast dvd copy' or any other software? - just want to be sure!
I'd lie to keep using MTR to ripp as its so easy and reliable.

thanks for previous replies though - appreciated!
 
Comment

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
1,786
1
Kushiel's Scion
skp574 said:
I thought I'd give it a go. It won't get past scanning the disc and freezing. So can't use it.

I think I'll be going back to Mactheripper instead.
Dunno what to say...been working for me great. Ripped BSG last week, removed French audio, commentary, bonus tracks, and subtitles...fit a DL DVD on a SL disc with no appreciable quality loss. Click a button and walk away.

Friend recently bought Fast DVD Copy for his PB based on my recommendation and has been doing the same. Love the program. Anything special with your setup?
 
Comment

skp574

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2005
280
0
greenwich.london.uk
Don M. said:
Dunno what to say...been working for me great. Ripped BSG last week, removed French audio, commentary, bonus tracks, and subtitles...fit a DL DVD on a SL disc with no appreciable quality loss. Click a button and walk away.

Friend recently bought Fast DVD Copy for his PB based on my recommendation and has been doing the same. Love the program. Anything special with your setup?

Nothing special with my Mac AFAICT with a standard Superdrive. I will try it again with some other DVDs to make sure it's not a fault with the disc I've been trying. I was trying to RIP "Neverending Story" (Region 1) on a Region 2 drive.

I won't give up, I'll try some other discs and let you know.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.