dvd burning

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by qwerty546, Jul 4, 2007.

1. qwerty546 macrumors member

i downloaded apacolypto from itunes and i wanted to burn it onto a dvd so i bought some blank dvds at bestbuy which the guy recommended. after burning it, i went to put it in the dvd player and it wouldnt work. it said it was corrupt or it couldnt read the disc. what should i do?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

apple does not allow for movies bought from itunes to be burned to DVD and played on DVD players. The movie files are protected.

3. qwerty546 thread starter macrumors member

darn, whats the point of that drm-free thing then if i cant even put it onto a dvd?

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

? apple movies are drm'd. the only thing on the apple store that aren't drm'd are some select music tracks.

5. Mindcrime13 macrumors member

as for the DVD make sure they are -R, at least the burner on my G5 and all my other macs only burn -R single Layer,

as for the movie encryption i dunno!:(

6. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

i'm gonna get banned for this but...

3 programs you need

toast (legal)
    handbrake (legal, i think)
    mac the ripper (ILLEGAL)

with these you can get anything to anything

7. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Not with Pirates of the Caribbean 2 it seems ( for me anyway ) No sound half way through and bad sectors??!!??:confused:

8. vandlism macrumors 6502

At the moment, there is no way I am aware of to convert movies to be watched on a DVD player. There certainly is no legal way. This may change in the future, but the only non-DRM materials available on iTS are podcasts and music purchased through iTunes Plus. It has been stated explicitly, however, by Apple that movies and the MPAA are a different animal than music. As it stands, you can buy virtually any cd and not need to worry about DRM whereas there is no current legal way to obtain a movie that doesn't have some sort of DRM on it.